Well It Wasn't Here Last Week.
I've been absolutely taken away by World Cup mania. Which is odd since I never once considered myself a soccer fan. Far from it. But something happened on Friday night when I sat rapt watching the Mexican soccer team (supremely bummed I just sold my Mexican soccer jersey) and I have been hooked ever since. America tied England in round one, then Germany defeated Australia, and of course I had a dentist appointment yesterday where luckily I was able to watch Japan beat Cameroon, and this morning was Portugal vs The Ivory Coast and how. Christiano Ronaldo and all that oh my.
Have a face full of chores this morning, but will hopefully be snagging a copy of Imperial Bedrooms which comes out today! Bret Easton Ellis will be giving a reading at Elliot Bay Bookstore June 30th. I went to the readings for Lunar Park & Glamorama and was able to have my books signed. Some people show up with piles and piles of books, but that just seems tacky. And annoying if you're stuck behind one of them like the lady in the express aisle on Sunday who was writing a check. Like a paper one. In the express aisle.
3 Comments:
At 1:43 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hi, you have a nice blog. Glad you're getting into some whirl d cup action. I'm eating at crown burger and Morrissey just came on the radio... thinking of you!
At 1:44 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hi, you have a nice blog. Glad you're getting into some whirl d cup action. I'm eating at crown burger and Morrissey just came on the radio... thinking of you!
At 6:56 PM ,
//JRB:j said...
Goddamnit!:)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home