Like Church Going Mother Fuckers.
Well that was certainly a shock. I've been working twelve hour days which is an altogether monstrous amount of time to have to spend with one's coworkers. It also means that I was awoken by my alarm clock this morning of all things. I had quite forgot how that thing sounded, and how disagreeable I find the noise. Only a couple more days of the grind, and then I can take a few days well deserved rest in the country. Someone once said that life is all about toil. I'd like to think that life is all about jam.I dare say I think Anonymous D may have been right. I was bemoaning the public transportation I have to endure due to my extended stays downtown, and he simply brushed it off saying "that's why I walk to work." I thought he was being glib, but this morning's ride was so ghastly I'm forced to explore the possibility. First, some troll is sprawled out on the bench on the platform as if someone had placed the bench there (which seats 6) just so he could sprawl his ugly fat cow body over it. I had a mind to spray the dude with mace, but then I remembered I didn't have any so I pulled out my shopping list and wrote it down. Has to be easier than finding batteries. Second, someone wanted to know what book I was reading, and I was frosty to say the least. It was 4:30 in the frakin morning after all, and I was in no mood to discuss cosmology, but then I sort of regretted it because, as I looked at the douche, I noticed that he did seem rather fine. He said my book was a trip, and I thanked him for the intrusion. And finally third, the smell on the train was something akin to paprika and vomit. How much longer must I endure these torments?

The first game of the last season in the old Yankee stadium was yesterday, and although I know every moment of this season is going to be a milestone, the Yankees walked away with a win. Thanks to some excellent defensive plays by Derek and Melky. Melky had back to back saves which makes me think he's about to get very expensive. Melky also batted a single homo to tie the game in the sixth. Marvelous! I of course missed most of the game owing to this lousy work I have to do, and the inexplicable lameness of mlb.tv. There was some unpleasantness in the second inning, but we won't discuss that here. That's for other people to talk about. Lesser people.
I'm being subjected to some taunts and teasings from one of the boys at work. I suppose he feels it necessary in a spirit of sports fan camaraderie, but I do take exception to how he seems to taunt not the Yankees generally as every ugly person does, but Derek specifically. I find his jabs at Derek wildly inappropriate and unprofessional, but he is the closest thing I have to a friend at work, so I better just make the best of it. I also just rearranged all the keys on his keyboard.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home