The Same Dream Every Night.

They really are bringing me to my knees. The people I work with seem to operate under the model that they can take their time, enjoy their personal hobbies, and generally not have a care in the world because when push comes to shove I'm always around to do the work anyway. Honestly! I went home in a daze yesterday and immediately put on a documentary on general relativity, the flow of time, and human perception of it. Extraordinary stuff really, and just the sort of thing to take my mind off my stupid stupid work.
It's also worth noting that astronomers recently observed a gamma ray burst in the constellation Bootes, an estimated 7.5 billion light years away. The observation set a record for the most distant observable object. And on the subject of time, and the flow of time in the universe, that means that this particular gamma ray burst actually occurred before the earth even existed. The thing you are standing on right now. Long time ago indeed. I also gather that if a gamma ray burst occurs too close to Earth everything dies. Which would be such a crushing disappointment for all those people that are counting on a somewhat more biblical demise.

How cute is this shirt? Everybody knows about seventeen people that belong in this shirt. The paralegal who acted as if I had killed Jesus when I said I didn't like Silkworm, The clerk that actually went through the LA Weekly to tell us all the shows he was going to that week. That was extra pathetic. That weird dude that left The Stars on my desk. Hardly a rare breed. The shirt is slightly akin to my Ryan McGinness "Everything You Like I Liked 5 Years Ago" tee shirt which coincidentally I bought about 5 years ago. Huh? Maybe it was "Graphic Tee Shirts Are Lame" one can't be certain. Although either shirt amounts to a strained rearticulation of any number of lines from the movie Heathers, they are still a little fun every now and again.
Along those same lines, this morning I was reading the instruction manual that came with my Simon Miller jeans. I thought I might wear them today. I was appalled as I became absorbed in the "instructions" that came with these jeans. First, it said "avoid layering with pale garments as the color could run". Well this was disappointing as there was a nice ivory shirt I was thinking of wearing. And it is Spring. But I checked the weather and it said it would be cloudy so I decided darker colors may be more appropriate. But the real kicker is when the "instructions" read "For best results do not wash for 3 months. Air regularly." WTF? I mean what manner of ganky hipster do they take me for? Not washing my jeans for three months? I wonder how long I should wait before washing my hair? Or bathing? Or going into the doctor and having that crotch itch checked out? I'm really not feeling these jeans, the instruction manual, or their take on personal hygiene.

Thom Browne x Ron Herman shirt = so there. And I know colabs are akin to the new brand death, but the colors are just so very, and Ron Herman is becoming my favorite shop. The kids there are so sweet, and the gear is never generic McBoutique fare. Well sometimes, but rarely. American Rag is a little too predictable, Blackbird is like a mini-American Rag in Ballard. Certainly not enough to put Ballard on the map. Opening Ceremony is like staring into the void. H. Lorenzo is an American Idol shopping spree nightmare, and Maxfield is sterile sterile to the core. Have I forgotten anything. No? Next stop Ron Herman then. [Selectism]
3 Comments:
At 11:41 AM ,
Rotten Little Pony said...
i bought that shirt for you. i'll drop it by . . . BEFORE I LEAVE!!! Got the job and moving to Seattle in two weeks! Hurry up and get your sweet ass back home where you belong! hasta!
At 12:47 PM ,
//JRB:j said...
Fresh! I'll be up there the weekend of the 4th. We'll talk when I get home to my mobile phone.
At 7:02 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I love that shirt! I don't have one. I need one!
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home