What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Keeping The Fantasy Vivid.


The battery situation is simply going to have to resolve itself with absolutely no interference on my part. I've completely washed my hands of the whole affair. And you'd think the situation was quite desperate, but you'd be surprised how often bracing realism coupled with casual resignation gets you what you want. Just consider this a cry for help or something.

Pony is settling into Seattle, and making all sorts of new friends. Something I find quite extraordinary. I sat around last night and contemplated the implication of colliding circles. Then I imagined the circles as rhombi and things got a little scratchy. Then I put the pipe down.

And this is absolutely the worst. Coming into work today, some tweaker chick on the subway with hair like a disused blinking doll would not shut up about my shoes. Putting aside the fact that it was far too early in the morning to be discussing apparel, I did my best to be cordial. Tried to explain the location of Undefeated which I found tarsome and slightly pathetic since it's about 8 blocks away from where we both got on the train. Fem! But what really tries my patience is that I only seem to get complimented on my shoes when I'm wearing some tawdry little pair of kicks. Any time I wear something well made, subtle, stylish and sweatshop free it's always mums the word. Not to mention, I'm wearing all manner of impressive things today and this tweak-a-bot wants to know where I got my effin' Nikes? Oh I weep for the youth of tomorrow.

Despite a bewildering array of new music I just can't seem to get off of Kanye and J Dilla. I've just been poppin' around my office with my nano on, head just bobbin every which way. Quite fortunate I'm all by myself up here. But then I remembered this shirt from a while back, and fortunately I was able to find it. And you can still get one. Perhaps a wee bit uber geek for everybody, but with the right shawl or wrap I think it could work brilliantly.



Just an update. 12 days til baseball, 16 days til BSG, and a mercifully brief 11 days til The Tudors. I know it may be a little tacky to tend to my entertainments so, but I am somewhat, and only to a slight degree, a lady of supreme leisure. So deal.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pony is a dream!
    Dan

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    Thank you, again, Anon. Dan for the lovely conversation and delicious sush

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're welcome.
    (FYI everybody who gives a shit: Pony paid for the sushi! You gotta know how much I like that. Better than double coupon day!)
    She's still a dream.
    Dan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home