You'll Find Me With The Track Suits.

There is nothing in this world that would ever induce me to purchase a motor car. At this moment anyway. Noisy smelly beasts. I have no idea what the price of gasoline is, but I understand it's ruinously high. Compadre called me from Wilshire yesterday afternoon, and he had in front of him a monstrous journey from Santa Monica to Echo Park in The Tangerine Fade which I might add gets about 5 miles per gallon. He called me periodically during the trip and it seemed as if he was scarcely making glacial progress eastward toward civilization. He did inform me that people in Brentwood still dress like something that was date raped behind a Wendy's. Whatever possessed or lured him west of Highland is anyone's guess, but I do understand he was paid handsomely for his trouble and amusements. Although, when one refuses to have anything to do with such a ludicrously common contraption, no one ever asks you to pick up this, or drop off that, or "swing by here". Could you imagine?
I'm enjoying the new Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks Real Emotional Trash, although I kinda figured I would. I'm really fortunate that I remembered it came out with all that's been going on. There in something called March Madness which I gather traditionally falls after the Ides. Someone in the office is wondering if I would like to give him $25 for no reason in particular other than filling out a "bracket". I really do need to keep my headphones on at all times in order to avoid such nonsense.

Just for fun I thought. And god bless Scotland for that matter. I was watching this dreadful movie Doomsday wherein the whole of Scotland is quarantined due to some infectious outbreak ala 28 Days Later, and they built this monstrous wall right on the border of Scotland much like the planned wall of disintegration they're planning for Mexico. Well I was so appalled by this, in addition to the gratuitous cannibalism, that I simply left the room and would have nothing to do with such a movie. Malcolm McDowell can only do so much for any film. If anybody knows how this movie ends please let me know, but I simply refuse to sit through it.

Wrath Arcane would like to think they are not a "big label". I suppose if you asked them they'd also like to think they aren't engaged in anything as trivial as rank commerce. Which is funny because I can point to over a dozen points of sale, many of which are on this blog, and none of which are anything to get excited about, yet they insist on taking the tarsome line that they are somehow underground, subversive, edgy, exclusive, or whatever the hell you want to call a label that is even more self conscious, self absorbed, and self important than their desperate poseurs of clients. I really like the reverse 3's as E's. Innovative. But seriously, they should spend more time tending to their own house, and less time making grand pronouncements about the future of the fashion industry. Cows.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home