What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, March 28, 2008

I Would Look Down If I Were You.


This is going to be my last baseball free weekend for some time. I think I have everything ready. Including the Yankees pint glasses and coasters Compadre was so gracious to give. I understand Derek batted a homo yesterday at the newly renamed Steinbrenner field. Seems a little impetuous to waste it during a spring training game, but I'm sure he knows better than me.

I just finished with the Mapp & Lucia series, and I'm feeling a little deflated. I knew this day would eventually come, and I know I have the DVD series to look forward to, but I can't help but feel that my new book on Dark Matter just doesn't add the same joy to my daily commute.

And I need that added joy oh so desperately. I have fresh problems at work. Problems in the form of a common overfed alpha dogging trip show that insists on turning on every infernal light in the office making the entire place look and feel like an Ikea showroom. Marking his territory like a pathetic mangy lap bitch while simultaneously expressing displeasure with the way I light the office in the morning yet lacking the slightest ability or inclination to express his views through the spoken word. Luckily this happened close to the time I was set to leave so I didn't have to sit there stewing in my own fury for too long. I should also mention that this gutter snipe considers me a "sinner" but that's neither here nor there, and frankly so utterly idiotic I'm better to treat it as one would treat something entirely irrelevant. Like Pluto.


I'm absolutely excited about this. The film adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis' Informers is hopefully going to be as amazing as the shockingly undervalued Rules of Attraction. Although so far there is only news of it opening in Germany this October, I'm sure it will see an American release at some point. Probably on the internet. Ellis is one of my favorite authors, but I do find it infuriating that he writes so few books. Luckily they're always nice for a quick re-read.

I was able to see Woody Allen's new film Cassandra's Dream yesterday, and despite the ending which I found horrible, I enjoyed the movie overall. I'm somewhat bound by my aesthetic principles to enjoy anything with Colin Farrell's presence. The movie was dark and tense, and parts of it were difficult to watch, but I recommend it anyway. Someone in my office mentioned how they had recently become hooked on Lost. Can you imagine?

Well I have a ton of work to do today, and not a lot of time to do it in. I do have several hours before that malicious cow comes in here flicking all the light switches sending me into a furious rage and quite possibly costing me my job, but jobs (especially one this pointless) are hardly meant to last forever.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/29/science/29collider.html?ex=1207454400&en=a1f8c1b2d7fc83e7&ei=5070&emc=eta1

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home