I'm Staying Right Here.

Sad news this morning. A fabulous writer, one of my favorites as well as one of Pony's, has died. Kurt Vonnegut Jr. died yesterday as a result of injuries sustained in a fall at his home. I've read several of his books and have enjoyed each one immensely. I've also had many wonderful conversations with many people about his writing. I'm quite pleased that there are so many more of his books I'll be able to enjoy. Kurt Vonnegut Jr. has made an undeniable contribution to the American canon. Click here for more details.
Well enough about that. Mama's gettin herself all choked up. However, there is bad news in baseball as well. Mike Mussina pulled himself (you know because he can do things like that) from yesterday's game and was diagnosed with a strained left hamstring. The bullpen was wonderful, and the Yankees managed to maintain the tie until the 8th when the Twins simply forgot themselves and scored 4 runs. And I can't emphasize enough how classless some of the Twins players acted. Nick Punto especially momentarily forgot about the consecutive pastings they received two days prior and all but danced a jig in front of RoRo. Inexcusable conduct. Derek got on base in the 9th, and it all came down to Jorge, but the Yankees were tired and quite rightly aghast at the conduct of the Twin's players. I think anyway.
This Sunday Derek, Joe Torre and Robbie Cano will all rock the #42 during their game against Oakland to honor the 60th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's debut for the Brooklyn Dodgers. Click here for the fo.

And I guess in kinda news, Opening Ceremony, a New York based retail boutique and designer has opened it's shop in LA. Known for offering selections from relatively unknown (to some) designers from two different countries each season they first came to my attention when they offered my friend's collection. Since then I've watched them grow into a considerable force in the fashion world. I simply don't have time to check out the shop right now, but I will after I get back from the Emerald City. Shop's located at 451 North La Cienega Boulevard. You can browse some Opening Ceremony pieces here at activeendevors.com. Also if you type in promotional code COOLHUNTING you receive 20% off your purchase. Free shipping at activeendevors.com as well.
5 Comments:
At 11:51 AM ,
Rotten Little Pony said...
"People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order, so they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say."
-Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
At 11:54 AM ,
Rotten Little Pony said...
"We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different!"
-Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake
At 4:25 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Why is everyone ganging up on DJ Stacy Stylez for getting married to Jeter. She's beautiful and probably one of the nicest people in the universe. I can only imagine how hard it must on her and HIM. So if you fans love him the way you say you do GET OFF DJ STACY STYLEZ BACK. She happens to be a very sexy girl. Relationships are hard enough without all this Bull crap
At 9:14 PM ,
//JRB:j said...
Are you fucking serious?
At 9:49 AM ,
Anonymous said...
That is exactly why you do not want anonymous bloggers responding to you thoughtful and "only-what's-best-for-Derek" comments.People who send anonymous blogs are cowards,or worse.
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home