Here In This Place.

The Yankees lost something to something I really don't think it matters given the hideous conditions they had to play in. Actually it was a 7-6 loss to the Devil Rays, and it was a victory the Devil Ray's had to work very hard for. Poor Andy didn't quite last 5 innings, and Mr. Torre had to rely on the bullpen which from my perspective is consistently underwhelming, however, I'm not playing the games I'm just watching them.
Derek had an RBI, and Hideki eventually tied the game with a single that scored Derek and Bobby. Don't call me Bobby, Whitney. And then some random players from the opposing team forgot themselves and scored some runs. It was a nightmare. It was so cold in NYC the Devil Ray players were wearing these spooky face masks that completely hid their faces. I think it freaked the boys out. Just a beady set of eyes peering at you from under a hat. I mean how could Andy or Scott be expected to pitch at something like that? There were snow flurries and chilled gusts of wind. And the Yankees had hand warmers in their back pockets so every time there wasn't a play they would stand around with their hands in their back pocket. Honestly, how fucking cute is that? And Robbie... He would hold his glove in his teeth and shove both hands down his pants. He's Dominican you know. And F to the fine.
They charged poor Derek with 2 errors which was way out of line seeing as they are entirely subjective, and it was so cold out. However, the announcers, which I concede are more learned than me, had some very nice explanations for the high error rate that I won't bore you with. Did I mention the fucking hand warmers in the back pockets? Seriously I can't get over how cute they were.
And then Compadre forgot himself and called me in the middle of the eighth inning, but luckily the Devil Ray Fems were batting so it wasn't a crisis. Compadre and I must consult on a potential tattoo. I'm not sure what or where exactly, but I have a strong feeling it will be on my shoulder and look something exactly like this:
Too Queeny...?...?Last night I dreamt that I lived in Alaska.
2 Comments:
At 8:41 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I don't know why anyone would want a tattoo that looks like a yacht-club-blazer-emblem. If you get it I will have to start calling you " commodore ",especially if you wear it on your shoulder like an epaulet.I think it's a fashion statement you will regret more than an LV bag,and probably just as expensive.
Just my opinion.
Dan
At 9:05 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
I'm beginning to agree with you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home