What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Girding My Loins.


They clear out Pershing Square about once a week. Pershing Square is nothing of consequence. It's just where my train drops me off in the morning. It's generally covered with all manner of homeless detritus, but some days, like today, it's completely clean. Tax dollars at work or something like that. Where they take the homeless is beyond me. Some say there is a labor processing facility in Azuza. Some say they are ground up into liverwurst. I've even heard stories of flame throwers and acid down throats. Los Angeles I'm Yours.

Derek Jeter by way of the Jordan mega-brand will be dropping a new shoe on March 31st. I'm yet to see a picture of the shoe, but it's quite irrelevant really. Today even ugly shoes are expensive and coveted. The wholesale democratization of fashion, and the entire played out over exposed Brooklyn scene has certainly impacted fashion in ways that it will never recover from, however, the Jumpman Jeter series has been a consistently understated, and above all, unfussy affair. Once pictures are available I'll post em for yahs.

And in altogether unrelated news: Iran seems to be in the unenviable position of thinking it wise to fuck with Great Britain. Exercising all the hegemony and statism they profess to loathe in the West, and still smarting from the 334 b.c.e. homosexual invasion, Iran struck back at the heart of European decadence by seizing 15 British soldiers in Iraqi waters, and have been detaining them since Friday. Ooh get her. I'm sure it will all be worked out diplomatically, but honestly that is about the only bit of world news I can muster even a small amount of interest in. There's just so many neat things on the telly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home