What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Festooned Is An Underused Word.


I seem to be surrounded by spazzes. Everywhere I go there's a spaz. First thing in the morning as I sit down to wait for my train the geriatric satchel carrying spaz I've written about before slams his satchel down on the bench and proceeds to pace on the platform until the train arrives. At one point he may wonder why I'm looking at him as though he were a retarded nymph.

Second, as I get off the train, the chukka wearing, backpack toting, speedwalker that quite naturally has to be the first spaz in the door at Price Waterhouse Cooper zooms past me as quickly as his gray with subtle yellow stripe Merril's will carry him. Upon discovering that the stairs get you where you want to go faster than the elevator, spaz number 2 is simply fit to be tied, and nearly sprains something zooming past me again at the crosswalk.

And quite naturally I get into work and am confronted with my favorite specimen of spaz. The treadwelling troll that pretty much had a nervous breakdown last week after coming in at 2:00 am two days in a row. Today, spaz squared nearly broke a hip getting into work, but it's a good thing he's here since he needed to microwave something that smells like a corpse, and settle into a bootlegged copy of Children of Men. God love em.


So hypebeast, taking a break from casual fug, has posted something that some of you might actually want to wear. Japanese Raw Denim Emporium Self Edge has teamed up with Japanese Raw Denim designer Iron Heart (as seems to be the only fashion these days) to create a raw denim jean that looks slightly different from all the other raw denim jeans littering your closet. You may have noticed that I've added a link to Self Edge's on line shop to the right. If $300 - $400 jeans are in your future then you might as well look there.



And coolhunting via Refinery29 has posted something that even I might be interested in. Running Dogs is a new European design collective boasting such members as Alexander von Slobbe. The clothes look absolutely delish, and their fall line will be featured at Mario's in Seattle. I absolutely loathe Mario's, and their bargain bins of Armani, but I may actually have to step inside that shit hole this August.

I watched 300 yesterday and absolutely loved it! I love historical movies. Movies that make me wanna run out and grab a history book.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Honey, you don't need a history book. The Battle of Thermopylae was not much different than a night at the Canterbury.
    Dan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home