Yes I Know You're In Awe.

Yesterday's Yankee game was a rain-out. And for those of you who don't know a rain-out is essentially one of the many petty ways in which the God's conspire in to make my life a misery. Andy was all ready to pitch his breathtakingly sculpted ass off, when the rain just started to fall. No make up game has been scheduled as of yet, but it will most likely be a double-header sometime in the season. Tonight's game is at 4:05 PST, and I haven't decided if I should leave work early in order to catch the opening pitch. I guess I'll just have to come to accept that there are going to be times when I'm not able to give as rich and detailed of coverage as I would like.
In the absence of baseball I've been busy catching up with the latest season of Rome on HBO. I watched the first season without fail, but with everything that has been going on lately I seem to have lapsed for the second season. But the show is amazing, and the particular episode I watched yesterday, although violent, is perhaps the most erotic and titillating episode yet.

Shabbily dressed bloggers and receptionists everywhere are all astir over the opening of Evisu's first North American store. In New York City where everything that's worth anything is forgotten a few minutes later the Evisu shop will make a home in Soho for I'd say a few months tops. It's a bit late for this brand that I've completely lost any interest in. If the Nautica group hasn't bought them out, then I'm sure that day is just around the corner. Click here for some more info.
There was recently an interesting study regarding fashion and trends which suggests the industry as a whole is bogged down by legions of copy-cats, and very few innovators. This seems so patently obvious that it hardly bears mentioning let alone analysis, however, I think the more shocking trend is the ways in which stores copy one another. Almost unconsciously. You walk into any shop on Robertson, Melrose or in Williamsburg or my personal favorite in Ballard and you just see the same old shit. BBlessing, Crate Denim, Kenzo Minami is hottish this year, and don't forget Cheap Monday and Goldsign, and God forbid you forget APC or Rag & Bone. Beards & Bangs & Chimala, Helmet of the Will and United Bamboo. Blah blah it's all just blah. I mean I just see the same old shit in so many stores that when it comes down to it I don't want any of it from any store.
Well...I have no idea where that rant came from, but now you know.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home