What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Nine Days And Counting.


It never ceases to amaze me when people are talking about the weather and the heat, the white heat, the hot hot heat, this heat, the heat wave when they say:

"Well I guess this is evidence of Global Warming." And I'm just like:

"Really? Ya Think?" "Are you sure you aren't being just a wee bit dismissive of all the naysayers out there clinging to Milton Friedman and a credit card?"

It's symptomatic really more than evidence, but I have come to call these people lightbubs. Because as the words leave their mouths in my minds eye their heads are magically transformed into lightbulbs.

Now other than the fact that Ehud Olmert is out of his goddamn mind, the remainder of this blog entry is going to be about baseball, so you may want to tune out.

Last night my Yankees were trailing the Mariners up to the bottom of the Ninth when one of the lesser Yankees batted a tying sac fly. I was hysterical. Ro Ro came up to bat. Milo had decided he was having nothing to do with the crazy bitch rubbing his head and his belly, and watched the rest of Ro Ro's at bat atop a circa. 1918 accent table. It started to rain hard in New York. Derek put a towel on his head to protect his hair. He always does this. Whether for luck or because he has issues with fly-away is anyone's guess. the count was 3-1 when umpire called a rain delay. WTF? So for two hours I waited. I watched Voyager, and I waited, and eventually mama passed out.

I woke up at 3:00 am. The witching hour again. Every window in my apartment was open, and no sign of demons. I am beginning to think middle age Christians were just full of hooey. Anyway. I turn on Sportscenter to find out what happened with the girls.

It was not until the very end of Sportscenter did they show Melky's walk-off homerun in the 11th. I guess Ro Ro didn't win the game for them, but that's OK. As long as the bleacher creatures boo Ro Ro they deserve a player that plays like he's being booed at.

During Sportscenter they also had a segment for Make A Wish with this small boy who just loves the Yankees and Derek, and has suffered through Crohn's Disease. Derek invited him to Yankee stadium where he hung out with Derek and the other Yankees during batting practice, and the little boy got balls, and bats, and he danced with Johnny. Derek was so sweet, and not too butch. Butch, but not too butch. I just cried my eyes out.

Notwithstanding the waterworks, I am convinced that if I sit through another episode of Sportscenter I will cease being a homo. I was actually into it. They talked about mid-season trades, and all the tawdry aspects of the game that don't concern me. Someone by the name of Reggie Sanders may have pinstripes in his future. Not sure who this person is, but I will look into it and if there is anything to report I will.

And dig this. This will hopefully be the only time I mention anything as pointless as basketball, but after selling its franchise to some type of Oklahoma City Quango, Seattle may lose the Sonics because the arena's revenue sharing lease doesn't adequately line the League's pockets Well I never!

The girls on Sportscenter had a lot to say on this subject:

Sportscenter to Seattle: The City Fathers need to get on board, toe the line, and build arena that ensures the league the profits it's divinely entitled to.

Woolfphase to Sportscenter: City Fathers? Really? If you make a concerted effort not to speak like a cock, it is likely, however not certain, that you won't sound like a cock. And by the way. The Sonics are free to leave at any time. I'll help the mofos pack. The league is not entitled to manipulate and coerce municipalities into disadvantageous agreements and then use your cheap ass show to enflame the feeble minded fans to push for unwise discretionary spending. We've already built two new stadiums, and I'm not sure if we've even finished paying off the Kingdome. And Derek's man-crush on Dwade notwithstanding, I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FRACK ABOUT BASKETBALL! The players are lanky, boney, unattractive, and they're loud. Now if Rick Fox comes to the Sonics, then naturally a new stadium will have to be built, and a nice home for Rick next to The Normandy, but otherwise, no.

Looking down Virginia Street


Check out Derek's Journal. He has added an entry about his All-Star Experience.

Band Of Horses announce a fall tour that sidesteps Los Angeles entirely, but they will be playing The Capitol Hill Block Party next weekend, and two nights at The Showbox 11/04 and 11/05.

Also check out the newest Bestest Videos Ever on Stylus. I didn't care for any, but maybe you'll find something you like.

And finally, have a look see at Photo-Blogging in bombed Lebanon. Seriously. Look at it. Israeli children writing messages on bombs before they are fired into Lebanon. Sometimes you wake up and you really want your faith in humanity totally shattered. Sometimes.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Godness.
    1.You are too old for Make A wish.
    2. Yes, an intervention may be in order.
    3.I didn't know the Sonics WERE still here.
    4.Thanks for the update on goings-on in my ( soon-to-be our ) hood.
    5.Does Colin need a special friend?
    Dan

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Eastbay has relented and is releasing my Le Coq Sportif Alabamas. Success My Lord.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home