And I Got Left Behind.

Here is something that nearly made me lose my face. Please forgive the shameless plug of the irreparably lame youtube, but it is seriously one of the most demented things I have seen in a long time. I mean a long long time.
Well the All Star Game went well. Kind of a nail biter for a while, but the AL pulled through with a little help from me and my camouflage chonies. We all do our own little part. Success my Lord!
I just realized that I could drop lines from obscure science fiction movies all over the place and no one, and I mean no one, would have any idea what I am talking about. Such is the life.
My former co-worker, a delightful Korean Hobbit, has discovered anonymouslawyer.com1.. Which is odd because I decided it was boring several months ago, but it's not anonymous prick's2. fault. I think blogs are inherently boring by their nature. Like that sentence is redundant by its very construction. It's for emphasis. My most compelling piece of evidence is that most people read blogs and make blogs while they are at work. I don't know anyone who reads or makes blogs when they have something more interesting to do. For example: As I am typing these words there are spreadsheets I should probably be looking at, but I'm not. The spreadsheets make no sense to me anyway so why on earth should I look at them. It will only upset me. Oh what word heavens me I digress.
So in order to maintain the medium I think I'm going to have to employ some kind of gimmick. I've decided that I shall reward my favorite post. I haven't decided if the awards will be weekly or monthly because that of course depends on the quality of the comments, however, the rewards will always come in the form of a sticker, a vintage t-shirt, or a personalized post it. Again the reward will depend on the quality of the comment. Like all other things my blog is a meritocracy, I know it sucks, but why start here.
Of course I'm going to have to figure out a way to allow the winning entity to email me their address so they may collect their reward, but I will figure that out later when someone who I don't know makes an award winning comment. Ultimately the rewards may only go to people whose addresses I have on hand, but that in no way speaks to the quality of the comments, merely my own laziness.
Of course this places a heavy burden on me to post stuff that actually warrants comment, but so far I have held fast to my New Years resolution to be a lot less Cartesian. Besides, if Korean Hobbit, anonymousprick.com3. , and the most demented thing I have seen in a long long time doesn't warrant a comment then I mother fracking give up.
___________________________________________________________________
1. The funniest thing about anonymousprick is that everyone knows who he is. And he really isn't a prick. It's not irony, it's something else. Something less declasse.
2. Infra.
3. Infra.
2 Comments:
At 9:40 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I love the David Kim show!
Dan
At 9:54 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
That's not much of a comment now is it Dan.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home