I Will Be Good.

As promised and despite the uncooperative nature of King County Metro the first thing I did in 2010 was see The Young Victoria. And it was simply enchanting! But no, no Oscar for Ms. Blunt is her name I found out. Midway through I remembered Judi Dench in Mrs. Brown and was quite relieved this movie doesn't go into any of that. It's hard for me to separate the movie from the countless books I've read from Weintraub to E.F Benson to Longford, but I was a little pleased that I was by myself. I think I had a special appreciation for the subject matter... And I kinda went ape-shit on these cretinous goons that insisted on trying to maneuver around me. I won't say what I did, but they ended up walking all the way around the theater to enter the row on the other side. Well away from me I can assure you. Creeps.
Followed that with some sales. Cold Cream Soap at Loccitane, and everything at Barneys was an extra 33% off so I scored a nice Burkman Bros hoodie. Still eyeing the Deth Killers tees, and am seconds away from pouncing on that as they are now on well over 50% discount. They really have nothing to do with my style however.
____________________________________________
Thrifting a bust.
Apartment spic and span although at the cost of "acquiring" another storage unit.
Blazed through the second season of Big Love with boat loads of Miss Marple on the way!
Started reading this book called Wolf Hall. It's also about English people of the past specifically Thomas Cromwell, Wolsey and More and yeah it just hit me that those three jokers have the same name. I first heard about it in the issue of Country Life where they featured all the Booker Prize nominees. I had forgotten all about it when I found it under the tree already having won the prize. Oh Joy! And it's about English people did I mention that? A little strange to be reading fiction after 2 and half years, but the words and such are generally the same. Came up empty handed at the used book store which is probably a good thing as this may keep me occupied for a while. So many descriptions for essential things. Oh well. I guess that's how fiction writers do it. Loquaciously.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home