What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, October 03, 2016

With Recollections Such As These.




I popped into the barber nice and early yesterday morning and I didn’t have to wait a trice. The good man was able to undo what the blind old git did to me 2 weeks ago and took great care in doing so. My beloved cowlick is still very much vanquished, but the consequences are not quite so dire and I’m feeling the confidence needed to not shrink from the world.

It has been a refreshing break from the folks who can’t seem to get through their work day without asking me a single inane question. The angry one who is probably a Trump supporter after all finally achieved ‘the big move’ in with his girlfriend this weekend. He has been talking about nothing else since he landed in my general vicinity, and I am expecting nothing less than a shit storm of details I couldn’t give two shits less about all morning long. I’m just now Just having a tender moment with my espresso and my Cliff bar if you’ll allow me.

I took the extra time this weekend to organize my clothes. I put the summer pieces away, became reacquainted with some of my vintage Benetton of which there is a dizzying variety and I banished the whites to a piece of luggage I shall not set my eyes upon until Memorial Day because that shit actually matters. Still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home