What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

It Was All A Monstrous Lie.



I had what was an undeniably illuminating conversation yesterday. Dennings, for about the fifth time in a single hour, interrupted my podcast with a gesticulation or some poke with one of his questions pertaining to some subject generally relating to something we were once told, but now he has now forgot. Without a moments hesitation, per the drill, I answer his question as well as directing him toward the document verifying the accuracy of everything I was saying.

‘Your memory is incredible!’ He finally relented in what was an exceedingly transparent stab at flattery.

‘Oh that old thing? Causes more problems than it solves generally.’ I pip back without actually taking the compliment because it is at that moment that the monumental unfairness of it all shakes me. Because I  was born with apparently the unique distinction of not having the memory span of a confused insect I have to resign myself to being harangued on a daily basis with the same question being posed in slightly dissimilar ways. Like a mother fucking Sartre play.

I give up, and it seems I am quite on my way back to Century City so that should be all kinds of different weird, again. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home