Luncheon Seemed To Be A Rushed Affair.
I may have to start documenting my forays into public transportation because no one would believe me if I just recounted it off hand.
And it always seems to be the eastbound busses that get it the worst. Like crazy just prefers to travel from west to east.
On Friday I was too too excited to get the weekend started. Sitting in my seat, cradling my reading material, perilously close to the front of the bus (where the freaks get mad) some lady seemed to forget how the rapid line works. Folks like myself like the rapid line because it bypasses all the podunk avenues no one has ever heard of in favor of the major arterials. Well this poor thing noticed that the bus passed the podunk avenue she was looking for and here is where things got real.
She started to cuss and fuss and fume at the driver to turn the bus around and I just knew I would have to turn down the Soundcloud for this. She demanded that the driver stop. She was sick. She wasn't well. She needed to get off immediately.
Which is to say she was tweaking. She had just gotten on the bus and now realizing the air conditioning was on she started to teetotal freak the living daylights out. The bus driver was oblivious to her k-hole and went about his glacial navigation of Santa Monica Boulevard.
One of the fellow passengers took exception with the tweaker and they exchanged words. Oh dear. Then he got up to wait for his stop. The tweaker asked him to get out of the way, and he was like:
'Bitch, I'm getting off here too.'
'Who you calling bitch? I will fuck you up.'
-Incomprehsible-
'You don't know what I got in this backpack I will seriously fuck, you, I will fuck you up!'
The gentleman who was a four foot six Pilipino whose lifetime struggle to establish facial hair couldn't be more real now demanded that they bus driver 'get this bitch out of his face before he lays her out.'
The driver, not wanting to intercede on his behalf calmly navigates the bus to the stop and the two kindly take their dispute outside. Necks crane to see what might happen, but tweaker just goes about tweaking and tripper goes about trippin'. The bus drives on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home