What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, April 15, 2016

Anywhere Else But Now.

 
 
 
Yesterday was complete pants. I am still barely recovered from the indecency of it all. 
 
I thought it was the sound of gunfire. But being LA it is like an earthquake and I just pay it no mind. This coupled with the fact the last time I thought it was gunfire it was merely firecrackers being set off in a parking garage across the street. I simply took note of the rapid fire, prayed ISIS had not come to East Hollywood and tried my best to enjoy the remaining 55 minutes of slumber.
 
The morning routine was as normal as could be. I got out of my apartment and noticed the street had been sectioned off by police. OK, it was most definitely gunsfire I think as I approach the closest police line.
 
'Sir. If you pass it's going to be a while before you can come back.'
'That's OK I'm just going to work.'
 
I trounce down the street, congratulating myself on my ability to not get hung up on life's little hiccups, like gunfire across the street, and then I realize I had no wallet. No wallet, no cash, no Metro pass anything, and then the sinking sensation comes, and no way to go back and retrieve same.
 
How the hell could this have happened? I entreated the police. They were even more stoic than on that show SouthLAnd. Many were as hot. They told me it was for my own protection. Well I assumed they wereN'T doing it to be expressly dickheaded, but it was a mild relief all the same.
 
So I waited. Watching the best parts of the morning fade away. I got into work and they can kiss it. I am not working a moment past 4:00. The commute to the eastside is insufferable if you start a single moment passed so I've resigned myself to making up the time on the weekend. And now that I'll be down to one job I actually may have something of a weekend to ruin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home