Standing Closer Than You Ought To.
Made the dumbest rookie mistake this morning. Like worse than accidentally getting on Wilshire/Western when you meant to get on North Hollywood. I mean this is thinking you are passing up an express for another that is coming right behind it but that winds up being a local.
Add to that there was kind of a cute if waifey Trader Joe's dude who similarly pulled back from the throng of express bus boarders. But it should have been obvious (to a non-rookie) that working at Trader Joe's he couldn't possibly be going past Pine. La Brea in the extreme. He could give two shits if he gets on a local or an express. Shit. I'd walk to Vine, but then I have actual thighs.
So I had to stand there like a complete and total spaz while the number four waited for an uncomfortable amount of time looking like I backed out at the last minute and God knows that the guy from Trader Joe's (who I do think was cruising) was thinking. Not realizing I'd have to wait six whole minutes for the next express I put myself into a temporary state.
I managed to hold myself together. By the time the next number four arrived a bunch of people who were obviously staying on this side of West Hollywood piled on making the express that came up moments later a quiet empty box.
I've been having good luck in the Metro lottery lately. Sitting almost uncomfortably snuggled next to a hot guy who is totally not self-conscious three times this week, or having a spot all to myself for the entire or quite nearly the entire way if only going East.
This morning was all good until some Greedy Gus plopped her turgid mess of polyblend, cheap scent and oversized purse next to me. For some reason the large always seem entitled to take up as much space as they do. I think there should be signs or announcements like they do with oversized luggage. 'Please, Only Sit In Spaces You Can Actually Fit Into.'
After all that fuss and to do I waited 6 minutes for a later bus and still showed up to work with thime to spare.
After all that fuss and to do I waited 6 minutes for a later bus and still showed up to work with thime to spare.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home