Arguing In Sign.
I think the genus menswear blog has finally and truly had its day. I mean I always wondered whether smug self-impressed bruhs offering casual menswear advice in a general whimsical listicle format had legs, and I was genuinely surprised at how long it lasted.
Who Broke The Internet and Mister Crew petered out first, but then they never had much to offer past the 'Look what was in the mail for me when I returned back from X' so that was scarcely telling. Selectism has been absorbed into High Snobiety, Four Pins is done. Whether Hypebeast or Slamhype are still doing whatever it was they were doing is irrelevant. A Continuous Lean is still trying, but then they were always just trying, and even now it is hardly anything more than listings through Sotherby's. Unionmade made it all but 2 years in trend conscious LA. Wait. Did no one tell you heritage was a trend, and like all trends that wheel keeps on spinning?
I never had a single moment to waste on the The Sartorialist, and that is coming from someone who has many moments in the day to waste. Actual blocks of time to waste.
A casual class consciousness goes quite a ways, but self-conscious class consciousness just runs itself into the dirt every time. Oh, and the Trad. I never could tell if that was a parody or bad or both.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home