What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cover Of Never.



If by Neverland you mean the land (Downtown Los Angeles) where I never have reception, then yes AT&T, you most certainly have my back. Unfortunate campaign to say the least.

As many people know I am rarely happier than when I'm shopping the sales. Coupons in hand, furtive eyed, I can rarely capture such a thrill. One of the best places is Walgreens. However, the local Walgreens up here really let me down yesterday. Walking out of the store I thought my total seemed a bit steep so when I got back to the car, I mean truck, I checked my receipt and if they didn't overcharge me for two items.

I wheeled around and walked right back into the store and confirmed the prices then walked back up to the cashier and informed her of her errors. She told me I'd have to get the items from the truck or get them off the floor since she would have to scan them. I obliged. It was all shades of unpleasant. She made a few snippy attempts to patronize, sneer & condescend but I wasn't having any of it. I was going to get my $2.50 in my pocket where it belonged and there was little they could do to stop me. Played with the iPhone. Grindr is lame in Idaho. So are the guys.

Failing in her attempts to shame me out of the store she helped another customer roughly the size of a Honda Fit and left me in the incapable hands of someone else who gave me a form to fill out. Name, address, phone number, etc. I signed the form and handed it back to him. He told me I "hadn't got very far". I told him I was not providing any personal information, but he would be charging me the proper prices for the items in question. Unflappable, serene and determined I walked out of that place with my $2.59 and a smile on my face that could have stopped traffic. Small victories against disagreeable poorly made up pencil pushing retail fiends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home