Wild But Not Free.

Black Friday saw me popping into Hermes and Asprey and it wasn't as bad as one would expect. Not with the throngs of people one saw on the news Friday morning. Virtual stampedes. Luckily the serenity of the Beverly Hills Hotel remained as impenetrable as it is inaccessible. After that, I shot out to the desert to finish off the weekend retiree style.
Premium Outlets at Cabazon was a mad crush of people. Most of them brought in on tour busses from the far east. Some came with rolled baggage and just filled them with marked down Burberry, Coach, etc. and were thus able to be jetted back to their place of origin. I scored some tat at Loccitane and Prada. Yes Prada. Cause I hate to say it but the heritage scene is done. Overdone and over. Need something not so you see. I'm sure you understand.
Got back to LA and caught an overpriced and overcrowded screening of The King's Speech. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Only one real big error when they suggested Albert was pinched by his nanny when actually that was David. But I suppose it's a reasonable stretch. They careened over all the other familiar material. Lifting some scenes straight off Bertie & Elizabeth & Wallis & Edward but who's paying attention. Oh. I am. Michael Gambon played George V only after demonstrating great skill at portraying Edward VII in The Lost Prince. And if you can believe this Anthony Andrews played Stanley Baldwin. Some 25 years after portraying Edward VIII in The Woman He Loved. Fanciful or perverse? You'll have to decide.
As I mentioned it was a quite crowded flick and people lingered to see which one of their friends played some role in the production. I didn't linger because as I think you can tell, or will be able to tell, I wasn't asked to edit the script. Whatevs. Cyber Monday yo and the leftovers must be consumed.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home