What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

When Thieves Take Flight.



News of the Royal engagement sent the Twittering world alight yesterday. Well mine anyway. I heard about it just as I rolled into the office and it dominated the air time on my radio for the rest of the day. Productivity was nil. Some of the comments in the office bordered on treason but I was not about to go all Philip Kinghorn Burbidge on anyone. Well, no more than I normally would. One always seems to be fighting the urge to backhand this miserable sack or that vacant loon, but the day is generally spent expending a considerable amount of energy trying to pretend someone is invisible.

Feeling a bit disloyal yet hardly traitorous since jumping from the Starcocks tip. And I really don't know why. While in Seattle I would seesaw between Ladro and Victrola with such frequency I often didn't know where I'd end up until I turned the corner onto 15th and saw which place had the most disagreeable heap of homeless dudes in front. Well, Coffee Bean has started to stock my Walkers Shortbread cakes and that is nothing less than a coup. Although not my even more beloved oat cakes this development has made Starbucks a bit irrelevant. And it was a bit silly overshooting my stop just to trip through the Water Court and make someone feel wanted. They really are delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home