When Your Hopes Turn Plastic.

Where a lot of people this time of year are thinking of cozying up to their favorite winter root vegetable stew here in LA we are looking at a week of upper 80s and lower 90s weather making me just go "Oh Heavens" with the vapors.
Last night I was just a ferocious mess in the kitchen and I whipped up a heaping batch of Julia's famous Vichyssoise (chilled potato leek soup). This has been one of my favorite go to recipes since moving south because of its ease and simplicity. Although the price of leeks is getting near ruinous they were my only indulgence at the grocery death match yesterday. You can peruse the recipe here and I think you'll agree nothing could be simpler. Maybe keep it in your back pocket until next summer.
__________________________________________________
Bennie and the Sharks didn't win their match against the London Irish yesterday, but they gave it their all and Bennie scored the second try. I'm still trying to figure out what it all really means. Penalties and conversions mostly. I know about getting the ball to your side of the pitch. One good thing about rugby as opposed to baseball is that there isn't a match day after day after day. You can actually do other things. Haven't found any pics of the match yet, but as soon as I do you know where they'll be.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home