It Is All About The Branding You Realize. Nothing More.

Last night I watched a couple of documentaries. One on Anne Boleyn and one on What Happened Before the Big Bang. Mind scrambles both of them. I've been sans TV since leaving Seattle and shopping for one ever since. I have a Target gift card with its name written all over it, but I thought I'd wait until after elections in any case.
Fancy, all that money spent. Between 4 and 5 billion some say, and I haven't seen a single political ad. And here I am off to the polls after work and I haven't the benefit of these studied missives. My first vote in the state of California and I'm just going to have to go off my wits and conscience. Still not sure of which way I'll swing on Prop 19. I know I always vote "no" on every proposition out of principle. The Republic just wasn't built to work that way I hear. I mean I read somewhere. Over and over and over again, and back we land on my conscience.
I really hope it's not as bad as everyone says. I mean with those ghastly tea-partiers. Islamaphobes mostly, but not entirely I gather? Just stoutly supported by, but not all. Made up primarily of right wing religious fringe groups too, but not totally, just really vocal about the apocalypse associated with having a black president. Bigots no, but they really sound like they are, and with all those pictures of the Hitler mustaches. Even without a television you are bombarded with so many mixed messages. None any more coherent than the other. If only Rachel Maddow were around to dismissively and obliquely explain things to me. I hear she doesn't watch TV either.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home