Contemplating The Meaning Of Words.

Bret Easton Ellis reading last night at Elliot Bay Bookstore was nice. Well attended & the last night of the tour. He seemed a bit testy, but who could really blame him. One guy asked if he had to pay Elvis Costello for "lifting" the song titles for his books. The first question came from a total spaz who prompted me to send 5 texts (even before the reading began) asking whether everyone in this town has a personality disorder they like to display.
The question (if you could call his meandering breathless speech that) had to do with American Psycho 2. Some people got up to leave before the question even came out and Mr. Ellis made a note of it. This dissuaded me from asking my question about the reference to Band of Outsider suits early in Imperial Bedrooms.
Instead I mentioned it while he was signing my book since I had nothing else to say. He stared at my Comme des Garcons Guerilla Store shirt and told me it was a shout out to his friend that heads the company. He said he couldn't fit into the stuff, and I felt bad after I said "yes" as if I was agreeing that he was a fat ass. Which he isn't.
He asked if I was a fan and lied and said I was. Then he said "it's expensive" which I thought odd since I just dropped $25 on a book it took 3 hours to read. Really expensive movie without pictures.
About to hit the dentist for some more ass raping then I have to return some books that I didn't review too carefully before buying. One was written by a Scottish Nationalist of all things and then.... Planning the BIG MOVE!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home