What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, June 21, 2010

What Comes After.




the finals of the Churchill Cup were this weekend and I was front and center for some serious Ruby Union action. England won quite fucking naturally and handily I might add and now I'm all over excited about the Rugby World Cup 2011. A lot of rugby for your money.

With the World & Churchill Cups my baseball viewership has definitely taken a hit, but it was the Subway Series this weekend so I did my best to pay attention. They split the first two games. Derek sat out of the second game with an owie on his heel. The third game started off comically with RoRo apparently trying to stop the ball with the power of his mind. If this were the case it was a total disaster as it allowed David Wright to score a base run and later steal second in the first. Chompers hit a solid grand slam in the bottom of the third, but a rain delay prevented me from watching the rest of the game. Yankees took it which was their 9,500 win as a franchise.
_______________________________________________________

Series finale of the The Tudors last night and prophetically I told Compadre "Let the tears begin" and I wasn't that far off. They killed off my favorite character Charles Barndon and even though I know it all took place 500 years ago and they were going to all die anyway I still fail to see the reasoning other than to simply make me weepy. Just like Trip Tucker in Enterprise. Marie Doyle Kennedy and Natalie Dormer came back for the finale which was awesome! But losing the Duke of Suffolk was a blow. A serious blow, but he left us with these words of consolation.

Praise the God of all,
Drink the wine,
And let the world be the world


Soccer & baseball may have to be my crutches for the foreseeable future because I have lost a serious show. Gonna watch the final season all over again On Demand and then cancel Showtime and settle in for some soccer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home