What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Faceless Champions Of The Middle Ground.



There is something called quiet satisfaction. It is rare that it happens sponataneously or accidentally, but this morning I am happy to say that it did.

I know I have spent a little too much time bemoaning the petty torments associated with my morning bus ride. This morning's was scarcely different. The driver thought we were in the middle of Beirut, and I believe tried to dodge invisible and quite imaginary roadside bombs 3 times. There was a wretched cup of coffee shoved between the seats which did nothing to make my "cup a joe" any more appetizing, but the absolute climax came when two people sitting in my vicinity (the only two people really) started discussing the "sinus infections" they are recovering from. I felt like I was in a petridish with these disease bags as they described their symptoms in moan inducing detail. Finally we came to my stop, and as the driver turned up Marion with the delicacy a Scimitar tank might plow through a refugee camp, my coffee just flew out of my cup all over these fools.

The smile that erupted on my face is of a kind that one only gets in the vicinity of marked down Demeulemeester.

___________________________________________________

The girls are enjoying a 6 game winning streak in the middle of Spring Training. I wonder if there is such a thing as a winning streak in Spring Training. I hope I didn't jinx them. I only mention it because apparently I'm an unwitting vessel of accidental and spontaneous misfortune. Delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home