What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Can Fathom Nothingness.


So I do not mind telling anyone (obviously) that I have had just about enough of the ITEs. You know the ITEs. You hear them all the time. Especially on the insufferable NPR. Those that preface everything they say, comment on everything they hear, qualify every expression with the words "In This Economy".
I'm surprised someone hasn't come out with a tee shirt. It's like the new "Post 9-11". I mean every single method and manner in which the state controls your thoughts and actions (I'm not paranoid pick up a book and read it) they even have to use rhetoric. It's ghastly and hysterical in the same breath.
I don't mean to make light, but as I understand it, invading and occupying a hostile country is quite expensive and does not pay much in the way of dividends. And it isn't a sliding scale. It doesn't get cheaper the longer you occupy a country, the dead don't miraculously become undead and start spending money after a certain "grace period". It is just somewhere to throw money away. Bigger and dustier than Nordstrom. So where the hell did anyone think we were going with this? The Land of Milk and Honey?
I'm sure it is a gross oversimplification, but I've heard enough of it. Of course I had about enough of the words "Post 9-11" on September 15, 2001, but no one seemed to care about my sensitivities then, and I don't imagine anyone will give a fig now. I suppose I'm just going to have to wait for the next it expression to hit the cultural pulse. Think the FTGA's. "Following The Global Apocalypse...."
Delicious.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home