What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Fainted In The Back Yard.


Although revolve clothing does carry every manner of tawdry Fred Perry colab they also happen to carry some very fine gear. Hard to find gear, wearable gear, fresh gear. You sometimes have to look hard, but if you do you may just be rewarded.
I was very pleased to discover that they have started to stock a label I have been coveting delicious for some time now. Scottish label Folk is the brain child of designer Cathal McAteer, and I have been intrigued by these clothes ever since I saw them. Now it isn't Folk & Fiends, or Fresh & Folk, or Rag and Folk, or Folk & Horns, or Fiber & Folk. It's just Folk. They really grab me with their simplicity. And they keep me with some flawlessly executed knitwear. Coupled with an appreciable and welcome lack of hype.
Still not available in Seattle, and I don't see that changing in the near future. Revolve is a great place to buy from, and I can totally recommend them, so if you like what you see you should not delay. The size runs of some of the better pieces have already been popped.
___________________________________________________
Something Seattle does have to offer is this new denim label Special Fabrications now available down the road at Kuhlman. Now I know raw denim is about as dead as supergravity, but these may be worth a gander. Or a goose. Or may not look so tired after 37 washings. Nonetheless, in the crunching world of $400 plus selvage, they are a breath of fiscally sensible fresh air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home