What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, March 30, 2009

Boom Boom On Top.


The whole me as a a 65 year old woman thing is starting to pick up momentum. Upon hearing of my latest cheese selection (blue stilton) Compadre rang me up and proceeded to tell me in how many ways I'm a 65 year old woman. Apparently, even my selections at the cheese shop belie my youthful fresh and "now" pretenses. Of course he lectured me on all the best varieties and cautioned me away from some others. I immediately forgot all his recommendations as soon as I hung up the phone. The ravages of Alzheimers and all.
I did, in my own defence, make it through the weekend without buying a single tea cup. And I did happen to see just the cutest one. It didn't have a price tag, and even though it was probably 60 cents I just couldn't bring myself to ask anyone the cost for fear they would assume I couldn't afford it, and I was just wasting their time flaunting my penury, or worse, planning on stealing it. I just walked right away secure in the knowledge that their fiendish attempt to humiliate me had just cost them a sale. If I keep going like this people will not only be convinced that I'm a 65 year old woman, they might also be fooled into thinking I'm Canadian.
Baseball is almost here, and although I tried to pretend I was over it the pictures from Spring Training are just too precious to ignore, and the excitement is gripping us as ever before. Just look at that picture of Derek taking a tumble right flat on top of that little thing. Her name is Greg Norton and she's versatile. Oh, and there are more pictures. Believe me there are more. Mama had to go and make herself a folder on her desktop. She did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home