What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, July 02, 2007

The Man Of The Shroud Is...

Shawn Thew/European Pressphoto Agency

I had every intention this weekend of going to see La Vie En Rose, the new biopic film about Edith Piaf, but the weather simply didn't agree with me. It didn't agree with most carbon based lifeforms for that matter, but we'll get to that soon enough.

I did manage to scoot over to the Anzevino & Florence boutique in Thai Town. There were loads of people inside, but for some reason they wouldn't let me in. I felt a little bit like Oprah only a lot thinner and less annoying. By the time they realized their colossal faux pas I was already hopping down the street to Out of the Closet where I scored some fresh vintage Helmut Lang and Comme des Garcons. There is definitely some sweet gear to be had in Thai Town. Just not at Anzevino & Florence.

Yesterday I tried to shield myself from the white heat as best I could, however, I just had to jump across the street and try a vegetarian burrito. Delish. And since the heat was so intense, and I've had an opportunity to peruse their advertisements, I hopped on a train and headed to the nearest American Apparel (which is never more than one train stop away) where I picked up some microscopic clothing that barely covered any shred of my body. A little drastic I know, but no more so than parading around your home in nothing but a jock strap. Poor Carmen would catch the vapors if she saw me taking out my garbage in that. So my point is it had to be done.

And plenty of Yankees drama this weekend, but nothing in the form of a crushing come from behind victory. No. Fraid not. Lil' Georgie was caught talking out of school admonishing anonymous teammates for their lack of enthusiasm and drive. Highly irregular according to the announcers on Yes Network, but no more so than them actually forming a coherent sentence. The consistently delicious Kyle Farnsworth was straight up scolded by Mr. Torre after Kyle failed to show Mr. Torre the respect I think we all can agree he is universally entitled to. And perhaps the funnest of all was when Scott Proctor (following a disappointing showing on Saturday) decided to cleanse his house by burning all of his equipment somewhere in the vicinity of the first base line. Yes Network commentators referred to it as a ritualistic burning, but as it's the first time he's done it I'm at a loss at their characterization. Oh Well.

And as I'm sure you all know Lil Georgie, RoRo and Derek were handily voted in to the All Star Game. And I'm so happy I didn't have to hound you all into voting like I did last year. You all seemed to grasp your inherent responsibilities and rose to the occasion. Bravo for you!

I know how terribly irregular a weekend blog post is, but I did manage to post the video of Morrissey's performance on The David Letterman Hour Show. If you missed it just you scroll down and enjoy. I've got things to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home