That's When You Know I'm Lost.

Well it's all just a little bit too much for me. I think, and this may be unavoidable, I'm going to have to stay away from baseball for a while. Maybe just for a week or two. But the fact is I'm simply not enjoying it as much as I should. The Yankees lost last night (again) and this time they did it while managing to score zero runs. Roger Clemons takes full responsibility in a post game interview and although it sounds a little odd seeing as there was nothing in the way of run support you'll just have to trust me when I say, yeah. It was all his fault.
But all is not bleak in the world. I got to work a little early this morning. Compadre called me in the middle of the night and gave me such a start it was hard to go back to sleep. I was reading over some of my normals and my heart just about burst when I began reading of the further growth of stealth wealth. I've mentioned it before, but the general idea is that upscale consumers are moving away from anything with a brand or logo and focusing on the subtle and unrecognizable. Like a nondescript Demeulemeester broach, or a small Bless wallet. The more obscure and unknown the better, but nothing that self identifies. Which of course always brings me back to the LV monograms and the hordes of LuLus with their disgusting plastic coffee cup in hand, vapid expression, and glossy lips. But I won't let them bother me. I really only mention it because there happens to be small Bless wallet I have my eye on, and well I'll just leave it at that.

Another thing I've been noticing with some amusement is the way "designers" of graphic lines have moved their images from soft tissue paper thin tees to an even more challenging medium. Square pieces of fabric. The idea seems so inane and simplistic I'm not sure whether to be impressed or annoyed. Ambivalent is always the best way to be toward such things. But there you have it, and you can take your pick. You have the Rise and Fall napkins on your left, there is a nice Helmet of Will blanket just because no one asked for it, Hideous Quentin & Claude scarfs, or just a simple piece of Beard & Bangs fabric. You know, because you never know when you might just want a piece of fabric. Can you see yourself walking into a small boutique and asking an officious yet altogether tiny Sales Associate where you might be able to find their pieces of fabric? Me neither. Which is why I'm kinda erring on the side of it being just stupid. And let's not forget to mention completely desperate.
3 Comments:
At 9:31 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I think the Yankees are brilliant. If you are going to lose a game why waste runs. Save 'em for when they will do some good.
I, of course, have always eschewed labels of any kind.
Dan
At 7:00 PM ,
Anonymous said...
what do you call a pink ralph lauren polo, j crew sandels, and countless sweaters plastared with the "Beneton" name? just courious...
compadre
At 5:18 PM ,
Anonymous said...
A cute outfit.
D.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home