Disintigration And She Left.

Although I missed two of the games of the most recent Subway Series the good people at Newsday have posted all sorts of photographs. Their petty link protections notwithstanding, Newsday offers the best in contemporary Yankee photography.
So I was down in the Starbucks this morning. The one where the baristas call espresso expresso. Yeah I know, and I was perusing their musical selection in addition to Paul McCartney and I came upon Wilco's Sky Blue Sky. The London Observer called it a mix of something and something and something and skank country. Skank country? Yeah I wasn't sure so I did some research and concluded that they just kinda made that up. But anyway, I've had the album for a few weeks and happen to be listening to it right now, and I find it unoffensive coffee table rock. Along the same lines as Spoon or Karate, but generally not as engaging. It belongs in a Starbucks. Perhaps a bohemian furniture store.
Compadre will be taking over the management responsibilities for a local coffee shop, and I'm not sure, but I think I may be able to convince him to play Erasure and Falco almost exclusively. Because I always say if the daily grind of running a business is getting you down the first thing you need to do is reduce your business. Raise prices, close your doors. Do whatever you have to do to keep the annoying customers at bay. And it is my sincere belief that the average urban trainspotter will flea at the sounds of Erasure and Falco like rats in a fire. Except maybe Falco. They may glom on to that as the next big thing. As they should. Too many variables I guess.
Well msn has certainly read my mind this morning. I secretly believe that they read everyone's mind, or at least pay google a shitload of money to see what you be looking at. Today's lead soft news story was on Handling Annoying Co-Workers. A remarkable subject and quite topical, but I'm still waiting for the article on Handling 23 Annoying Co-Workers. Suggestions anyone?
2 Comments:
At 7:52 AM ,
Anonymous said...
What is 'disintigation'?
I LIKE Erasure. I don't like paying 4 bucks for a cup of coffee anywhere.
Dan
At 1:51 PM ,
//JRB:j said...
Fixed it!
Everyone LIKES Erasure. Although some are a little less willing to admit it. Your courage belongs on this blog.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home