Something Loud And Near.

Cricket is a game which I understand emerged from England back before 16 whatever when England was not referred to as Great Britain. I spent a wee bit of time yesterday familiarizing myself with this game. Primarily because I spend a great deal of the time listening to the bbc world news service and they simply won't shut up about it. There is one particular cricket player Andrew Flintoff who is just a gnosh. And cricket may in fact be gayer than baseball, but I doubt it. Check it out yo.

There has to be a certain point in their training as professional baseball players where having your hand on some other guy's ass just seems normal. Even comfortable. All I can say is that having spent the last 10 odd years in leather bars and baths I am yet to reach the Nirvana shall we say of a professional major league baseball player's ass fetish.
The Yankees won last night and I have to confess I wasn't paying a lot of attention. A first inning 3 run homo from Bobby (Don't call me Whitney Bobby) was the only real offensive flourish of the evening. The boys have just passed .500, and for those of you who don't know what that means I certainly won't bore you with the significance. They really are acting quite superstitious though which may or may not be a bad sign. They will be playing in San Francisco next weekend for an inter-league series against The Giants followed by a second subway series. It was my wish that I could go up to San Francisco for one of the games, but acquiring a ticket has proved tiresome and like I said yesterday there may be no reason to ever return to San Francisco.
And finally I just have a bitchy bone to pick and as a matter of background and shading I understand that this is primarily a baseball blog and all at least from the months of March through October, but I do occasionally make a comment here or there regarding clothes. So the point is that I was rather dismayed when I was linked to a "fashion blog" some retailer thought quite highly of wherein I was treated to their "Five Men's Brands To Watch". Which ordinarily wouldn't be a bad thing, but get a load of the list:
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim
2. Band of Outsiders
3. A.P.C.
4. Helmut Lang
5. Theory
So yeah, I guess it's a little bitchy to say this, but even if I have been shoved under a rock on the moon for the last say 3 years I still may have managed to pick up a GQ or worse during one of my nightmarish layovers and read all about this Theory and Phillip Lim did you say, and of course the new European Banana Republic we all know and loathe as A.P.C.1.
You know what? I will be bitchy. If your stupid lame ass GQ reading, metrosexual courting, Ted Baker shoe a peddling self feels it necessary to direct my attention to a "fashion blog" then do me a fracking favor and don't waste my mother fracking time. And I guess it's not the purported ignorance of men's fashion they are so gracious to quell that leaves me offended so much as the salacious and transparent interclique of blogvertisements that are designed to do nothing more challenging than induce me into buying a crappy piece of clothing from some let me guess "Brooklyn based design concern" that no one not even me will give a shit about in 3 years time. Now if you'll excuse me I thought it might be clever to go make myself some lists.
____________________________________________
1. It's actually shit. And yes we hate it.
1 Comments:
At 9:46 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Now THAT is an athletic short! Not like those blousey pantaloons basketball players wear these ( God bless John Stocton) days. I have always said "If have the muscle, show it!"
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home