What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Is This Called The Glocko Pop?


I wish I could tell you how nice it is to be back in Los Angeles. Really I do. As it is I'm listening to the quite deceased J. Dilla and enjoying it. Blogger is not letting me post the iconic image of a tear stained Paris. The only reason I want to post this particular picture is that it essentially represents, reflects and underscores most of the reasons why humanity is totally fucked. But you've probably all seen it anyway.

My trip to Seattle started with a layover in San Francisco which rendered me a testy cuss. After receiving directions to the appropriate terminal I was asked if I wanted to make a donation for children with AIDS. If by AIDS and children you are actually talking about feeding your fat ass then it would be more believable. I wasn't sure if the solicitor worked for the airport or not, but I made no effort to hide my displeasure. Seriously though, there may never be any reason to come back to San Francisco.

Saturday was a nasty mess. Managed to get my hair did. Caught a bus to downtown. Sidled through Barneys and scored the freshest Comme des Garcons hoodie you've ever. I had a miserable time at the other shops. Found a Helmut Lang tee shirt that eventually had to be returned. The security device used to deter shoplifters rendered the shirt unwearable. Rendered most of their clothes unwearable. Some kids in another shop were downright horrified to discover that you can actually buy fresh gear online. They were quizzing me, and some even had out paper and pen. I mean how hard up can you be for a B*Son cardigan. I mean can we not? Oh well. Finished off the evening with a trip to Comet Tavernn, Moe Bar, and eventually The Cuff. Yeah, The Cuff.

Sunday was a much nicer day and I spent a great deal of it outside or inside cabs. Went to a lovely Farmers Market where I picked up the nicest flowers and some scrumptious pasta. Found some delicious tea at Uwajimaya. Brought it to work, but I won't share because I'm just not like that. I tried to watch the Tony Awards, and actually no, no I really didn't. I don't know why I just wrote that.

I completely missed the the Yankees Pirates series. I guess I also missed Roger Clemen's opening day, but I think I'll live. Fortunately Newday has posted images of his every moment on the field. From multiple angles. I understand some other guys played some baseball this weekend, but you certainly wouldn't know it by reading the news.

The first good news I've had since I've been back is that Los Angeles area Starbucks will now be offering Top Pot Doughnuts. If you haven't tried Top Pot then you should shuffle down to your next door Starbuck's and try one. Their the gnosh! I also read something about Bill O'Reilly this morning, but it wasn't about his death so I really just moved on.

Maybe tomorrow I always say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home