A Feature Of Presence.

I derived a great deal of satisfaction from yesterdays game. A 10-3 win over the White Sox, their bigot of a manager, and the insufferable Chicago announcers. The announcers were seriously making me ill, and when the game was actually tied, and the Sox managed to get like a couple guys on base they made the the most rapturous fuss. I'm surprised it didn't shake the Yankees nerves.
Coming back from commercial one of the announcers said "Here we are in the top of the whatever and we've only stranded two men on base and have had 2 hits off Mike Mussina". They said it with a straight face. It didn't even elicit a giggle. I was beside myself. The announcers were finally silenced in the eighth inning when Derek came in to pinch hit. This started a ball rolling that almost instantly resulted in RoRo's crushing grand slam. The game was effectively and functionally over, but it didn't end there. MiMi finally let loose an inning ending pop up almost in sympathy.
Joe Torre achieved his 2000th victory yesterday. And it was very satisfying to watch. Having to endure 4 days of Chicago announcers, and even looking at Ozzie Guillen. The only thing better than the Yankees being on top of the White Sox (as the announcers say I shit you not) is when the Yankees trounce the Red Sox. What the fuck is a sox anyway? Does it even make sense?

With little to do but watch baseball and work, and with very little bubbling in the fashion world this blog has become a sight insular. Which is why I was surprised to find this write-up on Refinery about New York via Iowa based designer Tim Hamilton. The clothes are seriously prep dandy flare with a pinch of nice tailoring. Although the ubiquitous waxed hoodie seems to be showing up a little too frequently I wouldn't sneeze at his version of this "new classic". (Link)
Also I think I may have found a shop in my hizzie that offers the momimomi tee shirts that everyone is murmuring about. The shop is called Atmosphere, and it is hardly one of my favorites. I've walked in like three times and every time I left with nothing. Think like one of those shops that sells a little bit of fresh gear, and then a shit load of G-Star. Yeah, it's one of those shops. But I may check it out. You can also order the shirts online via the site, and they are even on sale. Anonymous D, you know the drill.
Off to the country for the weekend. Exit with theme music from Bonanza. Lates...
1 Comments:
At 6:54 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
MiMi is my name for Miguel Cairo. It just came out last night during the game. His official nickname is Miggy C, but that just sounds like something you'd call a poodle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home