What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, June 25, 2007

Only As Needed.

[Getty Images Photo]

Quite an eventful weekend I have to say. I started off in Echo Park at Chango Coffee. A nice enough spot to enjoy coffee. I avoided most of the Echo Park "boutiques" if you dare even use such a word, but I did manage to pop into one or two and eventually snagged a tee from 19.23. Later that same day Compadre and I explored the pleasures of Little Tokyo. These consisted mainly of sneaker shops and vintage rag stores. Found some nice shirts from Cassette and Coup de Grace. Fresh. Missed the ending of the longest Yankee game this season because I was driving all up and down Boyle Heights looking for something, anything, it really doesn't matter if you're in Boyle Heights because they simply don't have what you're looking for.

My Sunday began by walking all over Franklin Hills looking for a cup of coffee for naught. Nowhere could you find any coffee. They had plenty of coffee shops, but none of them open before 11:00. Stupid and useless. Like the dry cleaner that's only open one day a week. Then I went to of all places the grocery store ostensibly in search of tapatio and eggs but leaving with $60 worth of who knows what. And I guess I didn't learn my lesson because I then decided to go to a Target. So I drove to this place called Eagle Rock, not Fraggle Rock, but Eagle Rock where I had to navigate the most treacherous parking lot known to exist. But once inside I was treated to everything and anything my gift card could buy including baseball cards. And while we're on the subject the baseball cards were broke. Only one pack had any good cards in it, but it did have Mike Mussina, Melky Cabrera & Bobby Abreu. I should have just bought the one, but of course it doesn't really work that way. Does anyone know what baseball cards are for, and more to the point why I'm buying them?

And to simply punctuate the weekend in perhaps the cruelest way possible I get to work hellishly early this morning and find a memo, yes a memo, sitting on my desk which seeks my assistance with something quite time sensitive. Why me? It seems like my name has become synonymous with the words time sensitive. But I'm not one to sit around moaning about it so we'll just have to leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home