There Isn't Much Between Us.
[A.P. Photo]The Yankees were simply trounced by the Rockies last night, but before I could get myself too upset about it I simply resigned to buying something nice for myself. I think a nice Pleasure Principle shirt or something similar. Something in white though. I simply can't abide color this season. Unless it's blue.
Then the disappointment train came to a screeching halt when I got to work this morning only to discover that I have been challenged. Yes challenged by Derek Jeter to find a better line of cars trucks and SUV's than Ford. I don't know. It seems like a pretty tall order if you ask me. Especially when they come in blazing copper which I don't care what anyone tells you IS the new persimmon.
And I had better tell you all before I forget completely. There is this show on the flickering box called The David Letterman Show. I think Derek has been on the show before. Anyway this Monday the 25th our dear man Morrissey will be performing his new single That's How People Grow Up with accompaniment by Kirsteen Young. I know some of you will be able to stay up and watch. Me myself, I will simply have to catch it on the youtube.
Oh oh oh, this is simply beyond complete misery. Some tormented and challenged souls hacked into Doubleday, the publishing house for the Harry Potter books. Well I guess these carbie smudges have leaked the ending of the final Harry Potter book. And yesterday one of my co-workers, and I think everyone knows what I think of all my unattractive co-workers, sent me a link and told me to look. Well I did. And what I read in just a few short seconds (.9477 seconds roughly) shocked and saddened me.
Why would anyone do this? Send me the link and tell me to peak? Hack into Doubleday and spoil everyone's summer? But more importantly, why would someone draft a seven volume treasure which ultimately ends up as a snuff film for kids and emotionally stunted adults? Why?
I could post the link and destroy all your summers just as mine has been destroyed. I could write what I know for you all to see. I could even encode it in a blog posting, but I won't. I just won't. There is still something called decency in this world, and I intend to see it through to its natural conclusion.
2 Comments:
At 7:51 AM ,
Anonymous said...
If you were as decent as you think you are ( and I appreciate your H.P. discretion ) you wouldn't have published this very unflattering picture of Derek.I'm sure he didn't mean to look like that.So old, so tired, so sorry.
Dan
At 8:54 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
How Dare You?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home