There Isn't Anything There.

Metro has raised prices and now it makes more sense for me to own a car. They are raising day fares to $5 rendering the monthly expense of public transportation in the range of $150. I understand this is far more than a monthly insurance payment and gasoline costs. Factor in parking and the monthly cost of owning a car is $390. So it doesn't quite make sense for me to own a car, but I'm just mad as hell and I don't want to take it anymore.
In reality their attempts to prick the commuter will backfire. At least with respect to myself and others like me. This is mainly due to the fact that they've almost doubled the price for day passes, but kept the price of a one way pass at $1.25. Whereas before I was content to pay the extra 50 cents for the convenience of a day pass I'm not so willing to pay an extra $2.50 daily as I hardly ever really need it. So assuming I only purchase two one way passes the price of my daily commute will go down in price 50 cents a day, and the amount of monthly revenue metro receives from me will decrease by 10 dollars. Way to lose money by raising prices nitwits.
Well that was me just having a little moment. I really don't care all that much for public transportation. It does allow me to read while en route to work which is nice. And generally the aroma of urine isn't choking. The fact of the matter is that Paris Hilton has been released from her cage, and there is no way I'm going to buy a car and drive on the same roads as her.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home