What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oh Lovely, Quite Nice.


My computer is busted at work. Actually my computer is fine obviously I mean I'm writing this. Some server in Tukwilla or somewhere is busted, or confused or being raped. There is a number I can call, but I've called that number before and it always ends in tears. Sometimes mine. Sometimes there's. And I'm just not feeling that this morning. No. Better to have someone else drag their sorry ass in here and deal with that bullshit. I'm content.

Yesterday Derek turned 33, and he celebrated it by making some brill defensive plays against the Orioles. Squaring up a solid double play, and another one that was a little less memorable. The game was tied at the bottom of the ninth, 2 down, bases loaded, full count, and Scott Proctor threw a ball. I almost saw it happen before it actually happened which may in fact mean I'm watching too much baseball.

So get this. Derek was named the second most popular athlete in some Harris Poll. The poll is only inclusive of adults, no minors, and the remaing 2,372 non mobile phone owning individuals left in Maine. I could tell you who number one is, but it's just some dude I've never heard of before. The whole list is a bunch of B-listers actually. Michael Jordan isn't even an athlete anymore unless you count compulsive gambling and whoring a contact sport. I kid. No seriously, click here if you wanna check out the Derek photo album linked on the story.

Barney's New York, that little chain of shops I despise with every ounce of life force I have, has been sold to the Dubai government. No word on whether Barney's will be consolidated into the new Wendy's chain, but that is my sincere hope, and I'm sure it is your's as well.

And for no apparent reason whatsoever, Fendi will be holding a fashion show on the Great Wall of China. Not The Great China Wall. Which is to say The Great China Wall will not be holding a fashion show on The Great Wall of China. That might have actually been interesting if not confusing for the printers. No, it's just Fendi. Big frakin deal. Their parent company have middle class aspirations of making the label marketable to the growing hordes of lulu monkey bitches in sling-backs. Good luck!

And in news that just makes me wince, Self-anointed style blog highsnobiety demonstrated how functionally irrelevant and behind the curve they are by professing a continued interest in Final Home. I guess they first heard about the label a couple of years ago in a shop in Paris. Although Paris is interesting, I hardly think it's as interesting as one of my garage sales circa '03 where they could have eyed the same obsessively zippered Nylon throwaways for a fraction of the cost. I think a neighbor bought all my Final Home gear. All's been replaced by Barbour at this point. I'll still leave the pitiful little link up for highsnobiety since they've written up a couple fresh things in the last year. Actually I won't. They always profess how cut-throat their shit is so fine. They die fug peddling scum. God that probably made no sense to anyone.

And finally my apologies to anyone that took seriously what they may have read last week on my blog. I said that Moz would be performing on David Letterman's show this last Monday the 25th. Well actually they filmed the segment on Monday. The performance will be aired this Friday the 29th. I apologize to anyone that stayed up and endured the Letterman show at my direction.

Oh, and before I leave you, I just have to say... You never actually deserved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home