Have The Beckhams Arrived?

Oh I see that they have. The flickering screen in the elevator alerted me to their arrival. I can't really get too excited about this news even though it seems to be the only news I've seen today. That may not be entirely true. One thing I read that got my attention was Minnesota Democrat and first muslim member of congress comparing the post 9-11 Bush administration to Nazi Germany following the Reichstag fire. Fox news is just blustering about this which is shocking since it's hardly a controversial notion. It's even written up in the wikipedia entry for the U.S. Patriot Act. The relevant portion of the entry reads:
"Although the USA PATRIOT Act differs in some respects, the Reichstag Fire Decree and subsequent Enabling Act are cited as examples of how giving up civil liberties in times of crisis can be used to legally overthrow a government's constitution from within."
Like 9-11, the Reichstag fire is also cited as an example of false flag terrorism. Which is something I will not get into here, but if you are interested you can start by reading this. I really enjoy wikipedia. I've also heard it referred to as threat construction, but wikipedia doesn't have an entry for that. Kind of a pet subject of mine what with all the documentaries I've been watching recently. The one I'm watching now is on the Linux operating system. ZZZZZZZZZZ.
I'm feeling a little better today which is good since my flight to Seattle leaves this afternoon. Or let us say we hope it leaves this afternoon. I'm not too lucky with this whole flying thing. Yesterday I was a little naughty and I baited some Madonna fans on some message boards. Queer Madonna fans can seriously lose their shit if you question the supremacy of their Goddess. And that in and of itself is temptation enough. I did, however, feel a little bad about it afterward. It's cruel and I know it. Kinda like pulling the legs off insects, or teasing a small animal. Just cruel. We as humans lose a lot of our humanity when we deliberately tease and malign lower life forms. And if there's a life form lower than a Madonna fan wikipedia is yet to bring it to my attention. Oh there I go again.
Oh sakes and graces! I forgot to mention the Yankees bested the Devil Rays 7-3 in last night's game. I didn't watch the entire game because my heart really wasn't into it. But no, I wasn't doing anything more interesting. Just differently interesting.
2 Comments:
At 11:29 AM ,
Rotten Little Pony said...
Watching grass grow, perhaps?
At 11:55 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
I think that would have even been more interesting than the Linux documentary.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home