What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Know It's Over But Still I Cling.


The All Star game was memorable for several reasons. First, our girl Derek started everything out with a touching interview of Willie Mays. I have no idea who Willie Mays is all I know is that he shows up constantly on Trivia Pursuit. There was a time when I would play the game that I would instinctively answer "Willie Mays" to any baseball question because statistically it was always the correct answer. Last night I got to know a little bit more about Willie Mays, and let's just say it brought tears to my eyes. In my defense they were playing consciously melancholy music the entire time.

Second, and big frackin surprise here, the American League won. Actually it was a hard fought battle. Nothing compared to my current battle royale against the forces of Netflix and Blockbuster online, but a stirring display nonetheless. Ichiro Suzuki scored the first ever All Star Game in-field home-run. Epic. And based on his post-game interview it seems he only pretends to not understand English because he's contractually obligated to do so by his PR company.

And to think I almost considered blowing the whole thing off. And why? Because the people at work had the unmitigated temerity to ask me to work overtime last night. It took but 2 seconds for me to explain to them that they were completely out of their addled little minds which of course gave a whole new breed of sycophantic insecure sniveling attorneys the chance to prove their mettle. An altogether unsightly display, but it's nice to know that whenever I'm unavailable there are 10 attorneys waiting in the wings that can do the job in twice the time. Which of course is fine, but the way they jump up and down about it is completely unprofessional and smacking of retarded.

So despite the current sweltering weather in Seattle it seems that I'll be spending considerably more time there. I know that most attorney's in Seattle are self-impressed poseurs thinking their work is high-profile, important, and in the case of one of my "friends", too too strenuous to even make time for coffee, but I suppose a change in scenery is inevitably in the cards. There's too many people down here that would just as soon see me go. Go. Go. And gone.

I accidentally left my nano at home, and I think it's made me a bit cranky. Just wait until someone else drags their overpaid ass into the office. I almost pity that fool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home