Base. Base. Base.
*Not the new DerekI have a new nemesis at work. And I'm sure I'm being petty and I should be the bigger man and all that, but sometimes I just want to be small and indignant and this morning is one of those mornings. I don't know what it is about him, we'll call him Crusty Ass Granola Mother Fucker for short, but there is just something. Someone once said to me that most lawyers are pitiable type-A freak shows just by virtue of going to law school, and I'm starting to see that. Maybe it's just that I see them come and go, come and go, come and go, and they are all starting to look the same to me. Kinda like the covers of the Harry Potter novels. Slight variations on the same theme. Best not to dwell really.
While I was working yesterday I came across an article highlighting the shortlist for Emmy nominations for best drama. What struck me most about the list are the shows that didn't make it: Battlestar Galactica, The Riches, The Tudors, Deadwood. Basically all shows that I watch and enjoy. And the list of recommended shows are a bunch of names I never heard of, or have heard of and honestly don't give a shit about. Grey's Lobotomy? Please. And I remember watching the premier of Heroes with Anonymous D (he made me) and afterward just quietly slinking away forgetting that I had just lost an entire hour of my life. I always seem to be just a little bit out of step with everyone else. I don't really understand what the Emmy's are all about anyway. I understand the self congratulatory orgy aspect of it, but what's so cool about congratulating oneself for having unenviable taste. It's like sending a thank you card to someone that buys you a Louis Vuitton bag. Understandable yes, but ultimately unnecessary.
I'm on the bubble over these Maharishi x Medicom slippers. I'm attending a show at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend and I'm already vexed over my outfit. Yesterday I was quite sure I was going to hop on down to Chinatown and pick these up, but now that we come to it, and I realize it's going to be about 90 degrees at lunch I'm thinking they are something I could probably do without. And BTW and while we're on the subject, I just have to add that I'm all over Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair.
4 Comments:
At 8:33 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Glad to know I can MAKE you do anything. You didn't even mention KYLE KY, the best home-erotic show on TV, next to Smallville, and, my personal favorite, JAG. All losers.Not to mention Josh 'what's his name' on Los Vegas. At least the very easy-on-the eyes 'Six Feet Under' got a nod or two when it was eligible.
When did they start using 9 players?
At 8:34 AM ,
Anonymous said...
PS: That was me.
Dan
At 9:39 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
Pitcher, Catcher, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, RF. That's nine isn't it? I guess some may not want to count the pitcher in the AL.
At 10:50 PM ,
Anonymous said...
god i love it when your bitchy. just let it all out... the hurting that is.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home