What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, July 23, 2007

Does It Honestly Have To Be Now.


You know some people are able to be roused out of bed by their alarms, feel the overwhelming urge to go back to sleep, and actually do so. Try as I might I don't seem to be one of those people. This morning I gave it some serious thought, but I just couldn't bring myself to act like a lazy ass. So here I sit, too god damned early in the morning, at work, and trying to get through this mornings documents. I ran into a new fellow in the elevator. Started Thursday I believe. Part-time actor/director/attorney for hire. Quite animated. In fact he acts like a sit-com character. In the course of 7 seconds he trotted out at least four distinctly pained mannerisms. For a moment I thought he was schizophrenic and was going to eat my head, but then calmness got the better of me, and I decided that he was probably just completely deranged.

It's raining in Los Angeles. Shock. I got three steps out my door this morning, and I could just tell by the foul stench in the air. I walked back inside, and remembering how appalling Los Angeles drivers are in the rain I opted for my brightest orange Helmut Lang nylon jacket to keep the weather off, and potentially warn any Angelinians barreling down Santa Monica at a whopping 15 MPH that they might want to begin breaking for that orange moving striking looking thing 700 feet ahead. Well I got here unharmed so it worked.

The Yankees just had a field day with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Michael had a poor outing on Friday night and the girls lost, but after that they just got hysterical and giddy scoring something like 45 runs over the course of two days, which is a ghastly waste of runs and they may in fact come to regret it, but it was all in good fun I suppose. Poor Melky got beamed by a hideous looking pitch, and it must have hurt because he was hoppin and a hollerin'. RoRo was hit by a pitch and he was dancing a bit. Then Derek imitated his dance when he got back to the dugout scoring a run off his walk. It was funny trust me. They have a new player named Shelley Duncan who did quite well this weekend. At one point the stadium was chanting "Shelley!" "Shelley!" "Shelley!" A first for Yankee stadium I'm sure. RoRo scored his 34th homo of the season, and the Yankees acquired Angels catcher Jose Molina for Triple A player Cunard or something. Phew! There was something like 15 plus hours of Yankee baseball this weekend, and I didn't miss much of it, but I won't bore you with the minutia.

I suppose all my friends are wrapping up the new Harry Potter book. I trust no one will reveal anything about the ending, short of Dumbledore still actually being dead. I'm quite excited. I just have to wrap up book 6 and wait for Amazon to get off their ass and post an owl to North New Hampshire Avenue.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thought this was a cutting-edge blog. Harry Potter was SO yesterday!
    Dan

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    Oh, Anonymous Dan. I would caution you against such remarks. As my mama used to say, "don't show your underwear." Wait. That's not how that saying goes. Shit! I forgot how that saying goes! I'll call mama and get it sorted. In the meantime,Anonymous Dan, I would caution you against such remarks.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home