Sucking July In The Kitchen.

The office environment is generally casual. The boss is in Costa Rica for the week, and the "work" we have isn't really work at all. So obviously the powers that be have not been posting gossip as quickly as I'd like, resulting in a crushing unavoidable ennui. Mercy. I do manage to amuse myself by hiding certain things from my coworkers. Things they would otherwise use to annoy me. Like the photocopier.
The game last night didn't really start to get interesting until the last two innings. You know they really could have told me. Not that I don't enjoy watching a lot of strikeouts while listening to mindless blather, but I did nonetheless have a lot of reading to do. And I may lack any capacity to comprehend how geeky this statement is, but I'm trying to get through The Half-Blood Prince before The Deathly Hallows comes out this Saturday. While at the same time trying to avoid all of the leaked versions on the internet. One of my co-workers is reading one of the versions now, and I made it clear to him what he could expect if he whispered a single word.
I guess I should say something about the recent interview with Gary Sheffield wherein he asserts that black players are treated differently than their submissive latino counterparts. Putting aside the blatant sexual imagery which I'm sure his comments were intended to illicit, I'm not going to go so far as to say there isn't anything to what he's saying. After all he's probably in a better position to comment on it than most. However, this business about Derek not being "all the way black"? Please. I don't even know what this is suppose to mean, but Derek can be all the way whatever he wants to be. And Critical Race Theory is something I got bored with when I was 23. And besides, I thought Gary Sheffield was gay.
The Yankees are now within 7 of the BoSox, and a lot of people are starting to get turned on to this pinstripe thing. It's simply beyond me, however, kinda like someone asking me whether I watch BSG or have read any of the Harry Potter books. I don't have time to dither on forgone conclusions.
If you get a chance you should check out blackle. It's like google, but with a black screen. Black screens use less energy, and since you're not famous you have to do your part for the environment in a far less public and self-congratulatory way. You have fun with that.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home