Somethings On Fire In East LA.

Well unless you live in some type of self-sustaining cocoon of despair you know that I'm going to see Morrissey tomorrow night with Pony and the gang. It would be silly to even get into the excitement of it all. Moz was on the cover of the LA Weekly, and I got a copy yesterday which was good because they seem to be curiously missing today. I'm sure it has nothing whatsoever to do with the store of copies I'm keeping in my filing cabinet. You can read the article by clicking here. I'm using their picture. Just to warn you the interview is very sad, and it kinda made me cry. At work.
The first show was last night, and I've looked over the set-list with satisfaction. I've nearly decided on an outfit although I'm going to situation normal tomorrow to see if I can't pick up a Special Needs Viva Palestina Libre t-shirt in a more suitable size. That should go over well.
Someone by the name of Jay Z has just paid a ludicrous amount of money to live next to Derek. $16 million dollars or something. Now I certainly have a man crush on Derek, yes homo. But even I would think twice before dropping that kind of change on a flat in Trump Tower. The name alone gives me pause. Click here if you think I'm lying.
And this is priceless. Apparently Turner is going to pick up the bill for the colossal stupidity of The City of Boston. What this possibly means for every upright thinking individual would concern me if I weren't immediately horrified with the state of the pea coat in mens fashion. I mean I see them everywhere chunky and slouchy and thrown over all manner of garb, and I'm tired of it. I get it. It's a pea coat. You're wearing it. Congratulations. Is it cozy?
______________________________________________
1. Picture, Kevin Scanlon, LA Weekly, February 2-8, 2007
4 Comments:
At 8:48 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I'm so excited for all of you. I expect the concert CD in the mail.
Dan
TT is a dolt!
At 9:29 AM ,
Anonymous said...
i think that guy youre going to see tomorrow is funny. so tell me, why the fuck couldnt you come to the lbc a few weeks back. was it really that hard for you to romp around on a boat called the queen mary? my god, the queen mary of all boats!!!!
At 9:46 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
I've been lured to Long Beach with promises of romps aboard The Queen Mary before. I always end up picking my toes on the side of the road and screaming at bicyclists.
At 10:13 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Now I know how much money you (don't) have. You would SOOOO buy that apartment if you had 16 mil.
Dan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home