What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Functions At The Side.

I suppose it's best to just get the truly tragic news out of the way. Our favorite soap, The Passions, is being canceled after 8 demented years of monkey nurse witch glamorousness. August is the execution date. Execution, how topical. Earlier this month we lost our O.C. and now this. Not happy in the least especially since someone refuses to cancel 24. But at least we'll be able to catch The Scissor Sisters cameo which I believe is next month, but I'll check on that.

The SciFi channel, home of my favorite show Battlestar Galactica, is beginning work on a six hour mini-series based on Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age: Or a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer. I absolutely love this book, and true story, I purchased my copy in a used book store, and I read the entire book; put it away for a year and forgot all about it until I was packing up some books and discovered that it was a signed copy. Fresh.

Watched Children Of Men on this awesome web-site peekvid. This obviously solves the whole dark room with strangers aversion I've been experiencing lately. If you haven't checked out the media they have available on this site then you are missing out because something tells me they ain't gonna be around too long. Aye Matey.

Received some Netflix love in the form of Annapolis. Watched it last night and all I can say is vivid and stirring. Honestly I can't think of anything else to say about it. Did you know the movie is actually about boxing? You wouldn't really think that would you? But it is. So yeah, that's basically it. I've been spending a lot of time with media. Media Slut I be. Media and my precious gummis.

Oh, I'm going to try to put together a petition or something to address this growing problem of slow walkers. And not just the fact that they walk slow. They seem to walk slowly and take up as much space as humanly possible. Literally. Making it quite difficult to navigate around them. Maddening. I'm sure it may have something to do with their carriage, but in an appalling number of instances the problem is rooted in an inability to walk in a straight line. Whatever. Steps have to be taken. My first idea involved a modified tazer that functions more as a vaporizer. Cost prohibitive and perhaps a touch too murderous. Up to now, I simply addressed the issue with an icy glare that I only assume they could see from the back of their fat corn-fed slow walking wobbly heads. Pollyanna-ish I admit.

Whatever is done about it, it would mark a startling precedent and pave the way towards deporting people who can't manage to use an ATM in less than 17 minutes.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I didn't know about Passions.I would have thought you would have broken the news to me privately. Oh well,I guess they just couldn't come up with a story line as believable as the monkey nurse.They tried making us believe the new Fox was a hottie, talk abous suspending disbelief.
    Dan

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    I would sign that petition in a second.
    (Urban Dictionary defines my posting as "bloggorhea" - To write a blog entry just for the sake of posting an entry, not because you have done anything interesting today.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home