What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Thursday, January 04, 2007

If You Brand It They Will Buy It.


I'm really not one to stand on a rooftop and decry consumerism, but it remains nonetheless, an observable social phenomenon which relates to and expresses and conflates other social phenomenon, and as such must be examined. Nowhere is consumerism more at play than in the tawdry middle-class hussling cesspool that is streetwear. Which isn't to say that I don't love it. I do I do I do I do, but I can still hate myself for loving it, and hate others for loving it which probably makes me a "hater" in the minds of people with no vocabulary or cheekbones, but you have to really think about what motivates these people, and by these people I mean these people, and then simply ponder the implications for society at large. Some may call this social consciousness while others may see it simply as a tempering of mindless consumerism. Who knows?

That being said:

Someone asked me about this over a fairly nice lunch so I paid no mind, but I looked into it and of course had to draft an opinion letter to some effect, and bill someone, but the end result is the same. Billionaire Boys Club is the brainchild of former New York Giants wide receiver Pharrell Williams and power bottom social climbing dingbat Nigo (of bape non-fame). Everyone prolly knows what was in my opinion letter so I shouldn't bother, and let you make up your own mind. What I will say is that unlike bape, BBC and icecream is pretty much available everywhere including Macy's, so the only reason anyone ever cared about bape has been removed, but the clothes remain just as unfortunate. See fo yo self bra. Oh and not quite as expensive. So really there was two reasons. Oops.

You can also check out the new Kanye West Nigo collaboration. The Kanye bape sta is actually pretty cool, but they say it's hard to get a hold of so I'm discouraged. But it's like supply and demand, but different. The more something is in demand the less I want it. And once Kanye West gets involved then I truly truly don't care. He is one sexy mo tho. No homo.

And my real problem probably lies in the fact that the last time I rocked bape some mo called me a fag for wearing pink (I was in a gay bar), and the time before that some fembot asked me if I was wearing Jonny Cupcakes. And it's not that I'm sensitive so much, I just prefer not to be spoken to when I'm at a club. That's all. Too too flashy. Ladies, get outta my face with that bullshit.

Will the brand slut spell the down fall of Louis Vuitton? I dream the dream, but I live the nightmare revolving door blah of corporate casual.

The other night, a "friend" of mine interrupted the most amazing amuse bouche by shoving his overstuffed Louis Vuitton wallet under my nose and asked me to tell if it was real or fake.

"Guess." "I beg your pardon." "Guess if it's real or fake?" "What difference does it make?" "Just guess!" "Look, they market that shit to the Chinese upper class, and by that I mean people who make somewhere between $30,000 and $32,000 per anum roughly 15% of the population which I don't have to tell you is around 150 million people, and I think it's cute that you would buy something like that, real or fake, as a means of signifying your social status I really do, I think in marketing they call that collateral acquisition or something, but Jesus you feed your pet, I mean your companion something called Alpha Chow, I mean what do you expect me to say to something like that?"
"Oh you're so funny!"

He didn't really say that I was funny. I don't really have a lot of friends. I think because I'm such a nasty cunt. Either that or they're just jealous.

Someone who isn't a brand whore/slut/dinner wrecker is Jakey Gyllenho. Actually he may be all of those things, but like Oscar kinda said the only people we truly like are the ones we don't know very well. Check it out yo.

Derek has been named the official spokesman and cover star for Major League Baseball 2K7 which I think is a video game, and I think he's always the cover model and is of course a natural choice having perfectly sculpted legs and so on. Check it out yo.

And there is finally some solid reports that Randy will finally be going elsewhere.

I'm excited about this news about Randy most of all. I'm saddened by the news of co-beards JT and Cammy, but sometimes you just have to pick yourself up and dust yourself off.

Oh Holy Shit! I just got word that the OC has been cancelled. This probably sucks worse than not getting my Kanye heat.

If you will excuse me I need to get in the elevator and go downstairs and have a moment, and then consume an entire bag of gummis.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yeah word kid!!!!!!!1 that shit is tight! FUCK YO, im mad crazy about that shit. i would love to fuck kanye too. shit, you and i should together, like your cock in his ass and mine in his mouth while hes on his hands and knees....mother fuckin eiffel tower kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Goodness!
    Dan

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    It's a declaration one uses after making a sexually ambiguous/gay comment in order to render the statement less gay. As opposed to the statement "yes homo" which is designed to confirm the connotation of the preceding statement. Here I use the statement faceteously.

    I may spend too much time on urbandictionary.com.

    Today's word of the day is gaycard.

    Check it out yo.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home