What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

If I Was Dreaming Then You Are Floating.


Well! I have been called many things in my day but a tease is hardly one of them. A black widow, boy-killer, viper, slut, oh just ask compadre. He always thinks up the best ones. But never a tease. Deliberate, thoughtful, considered and cock-bait are words that are bandied around some of the time as well. No, in all fairness though, to myself mostly, I'm trying to work out a deal where I can sublet a flat for the months of January and February thus giving me some much need breathing room during this stressful holiday season and transitional phase. Now passing the terminator into night.

As I was coming up the elevator this morning there was a picture of Robert Gates getting sworn in. Nothing remarkable about the story obviously, but I just thought they could go a long way into making the president look a skosh less like the angel of death. Lingering over the shoulder of an unsuspecting yet altogether decent man who is about to have his life and career shattered. Oh and if you had any lingering doubts that president Bush is going to kill us all just click here and pop a Valium.

Stylus Magazine is counting down their picks for top 50 albums of 2006. Now like me you probably have no interest in reading the opinions of someone you have never met. Especially in today's world of lists, compilations, celebutard obsession, cultural anthologies, social impressions, demented figments, ephemeral resolutions, etc. But the comments section, like most comments sections, is a mother effing laugh riot and far more interesting than the original content. Check it out yo.

Pitchforkmedia is doing something similar, but I don't think anyone really cares about those freaks anymore. Especially Mark Richardson who thinks Grizzly Bear recorded the best album of the year? Maybe best in terms of repelling fuckable cute guys and anyone with a personality or an ear, and no I didn't know I spoke for everybody either, but I do. It's pointless to resist the manifest. In a few months/years when you're spouting off the same shit we'll just pretend it was your idea all along. I know, you never thought Radiohead was the greatest band ever. It's OK. There there. Just sleep.

At least pitchfork doesn't try to build up self-stroking suspense, and should be commended for that. But to do anything with Grizzly Bear besides trading it in for something listenable like Cher is unforgivable. Unforgivable. Unforgivable.

And while we're on the subject of queer icons I've also been hankering for a bit of Morrissey in my life lately, and although he is slated to appear at next years dreadful South by Southwest festival I certainly am not going anywhere near Texas for no how. But I did manage to find this nice clip on youtube documenting the first rapturous moments of his recent appearance at Wembley Arena.

Derek also watched a Christmas movie with a bunch of kids for his Foundation. And it was big in Japan.

Oh and I was going to do something like compile a list of my favorite, and by favorite of course I mean incontrovertibly best, albums of 2006, but then I thought I would do something interesting like buy some new shoelaces. You never really have them when you need them.

I'm really into this boy right now. He's Canadian.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    Dear Cockbait,
    Shopping with Japan These Hands last night, I found myself in men's fragrances at Macys. JTH says she overheard male voices (no doubt, Latino) desperate to find Derek Jeter's Driven. Apparently, one said to the other that if one were to wear such fragrance, one could get the same women Jeter gets. What do you think they mean by that? Is that true? I take it we won't see each other until after the holiday? Boo! Tease!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home